The simplest meditation in the wakefulness as well as dedicated meditation practice
Often times we try to force our self to attain the meditative state and fails in reaching meditative state. The simplest type of meditation is paying attention to the breath. Practice this 10-15 minutes daily. Initially mind will wander , but with the continuous practice of paying attention to the breath the mind thoughts will come down and you starts to experience meditative states of the mind the basic nature of the mind.
How to meditate using breath as a tool
- Shut the lights of the room and silent or switch off your mobile phone
- Close the door of the room
- Sit on a mat or a carpet or a soft towel in asana like padamasana , sukhasana, siddhasana
- Then comfort yourself and take 5 deep breath
- Then close your eyes and start watching your natural breath don’t exhale or inhale
- Let the breath takes its natural course
- Thoughts , sensation ,emotions will come in the consciousness admist all this be with the breath.
- After few minutes breath will shorten itself just be with the breath
- And you will start to experience inner peace slowly and gradually
- Just be with the normal course of the breath
- Slowly open your eyes
- Practice meditation regularly atleast once or twice daily for 15 minutes
- Over period of months let the meditation deepens